Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble, that is what we did...Turkey, sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie..these are just a few of the things we enjoyed this Thanksgiving. We had the pleasure of sharing a meal with some of our neighbors, it was a wonderful evening.

I have been trying to teach Will about being "thankful" for the people and things in our life. I want him to know how blessed our lives are and that every thing we have is from God and we should never take for granted the things he has blessed us with. At night before we say our prayers I will ask him who he wants to thank God for. These are some of his responses mommy, daddy, Jomondo (his stuffed dog),Ms. Peach & Ms. Jeannie (his teachers), Roonie & Pawpaw, Pop & Ms. Tara, and Babi. Some of the more interesting "things" have been candy, Thomas the train, his closet door and the picture of the helicopter on his wall. It is very cute to see what he comes up with.

I will end this post by telling what I am thankful for....
* Jesus Christ, my savior & provider he loves me in spite of myself, shows me compassion and grace and is my purpose for this life.
* My husband Billy, my soul mate and best friend. He makes me laugh and is my biggest fan.
* My boys....they just make me smile. When I feel their little arms around my neck, it is the greatest feeling.
* My parents, they love unconditionally...me and my boys
* Our nephew Daniel who spent this Thanksgiving week with us, he was such a big help to me around the house and with the boys, we love having him in our home.
* My home, food in our pantry, beds, clean water, A/C & electricity
* Friends and neighbors that truly make Palm City our home
These are only a few of the things I am thankful for, we are so blessed. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments: