Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Steph & Hannah's Visit

My very sweet friend Stephanie came for a visit with her daughter Hannah this June. It was so nice to have them here for a whole week! I think Steph and I were both a little nervous about how well the kids were going to get along throughout the week having so much time together. We were both pleasantly surprised at how good Will & Hannah, both very strong willed and borderline OCD, got along. Wyatt of course is so extremely laid back, not much bothers him, he was thrilled to have another playmate.

Hannah immediately became best buds with Bill, not sure if he was giving her candy when we were not around or what...she just loved him. This was great for me and Steph, it meant that we were able to go out and have a girls night while the kiddos stayed with Bill.

During their visit we went to the beach, of course it rained twice while we were there but I learned a very valuable lesson....don't take so much stuff to the beach. I think I spent more time lugging our beach bags in and out of the rain than actually enjoying the beach. From now on the sunblock goes on at home, change of clothes stay in the car & all I bring on the sand are my children, a towel & 1 toy that each child can carry. The kids had fun playing in the sand and we packed a lunch to eat there. We had a great time in spite of the rain, it was a beautiful Florida day.

It is hard for me to find the words to describe how wonderful it is to be with such a great old friend. Things are so much different with small children running around, but so nice just hanging out and talking about our lives now and our lives back then. Though we don't see each other much anymore I still feel very close to Steph and treasure her friendship. We were so glad they came to visit and hope they will come back again next year. Now Will wants to go see the snow at Hannah's house. I hope we can make it up to Tulsa to visit them sometime.






No comments: