Sunday, December 16, 2007

What's that smell?

So...a few weeks ago Bill and I heard something scratching behind the wall in our bathroom, we thought it was possibly a rat or a squirrel. After not hearing it for a few days we assumed the "scratcher" found its way back outside but we were wrong. I was the first to notice the unpleasant scent and after a few days of me saying "can't you smell that" & "are you sure you don't smell that" he confirmed that I was not crazy and that there was an unpleasant...no... now it was a really bad smell coming from the bathroom wall. The most exciting part of the story is that on the other side of the bathroom wall is MY closet so you guessed it, the very very bad smell is in my closet too. I am becoming paranoid that my clothes reek of dead rodent.

Bill and my dad convinced me there was really no way to get the dead rodent out other than cutting through the dry wall and neither of them were willing to go to that extreme to give our furry friend a proper burial. They did assure me that the smell should go away in a few months when he has fully decomposed. So in the mean time if you happen to see me and catch a whiff of something not so pleasant do not worry I have not stopped bathing. Guess I should invest in some good air freshener.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to get rid of really really bad smells please feel free to leave me a comment.
-Ginger

No comments: