Thursday, October 16, 2008

Mommys Birthday


Now I am officially 33. I had a wonderful birthday, the day was spent with my mom and my boys, what else could I have asked for, it was a great day. We celebrated at Bono's Barbecue...one of my favorite restaurants and then with a yummy Mint Chocolate Chip Baskin Robbins Ice Cream cake...another one of my favorites. Will sang me the Happy Birthday Song over and over again.


My mom gave me one of the best gifts, an album called "Dear Daughter", it is a scrapbook that highlights some special times and people in my life. She really put a lot of time into it and I just love it. We are both very sentimental and she knew it would be special to me. I am so thankful for Annie Roonie, she is my mom but she is a very good friend as well...that is something that is truly priceless. She was here for the week, we had so much fun with her...especially Will, he was asking for Roonie to give him his bath and Roonie to read him books and for Roonie to come play with him....and so on. She and Bill would go fishing...they got up early one morning to head out before the crack of dawn and wouldn't you know it Roonie snagged what Bill was calling the "biggest bass he had ever seen" it got away of course when the line snapped. We did see it again the next week....that is another story in itself...one that Bill will have to share. We will call that post "The Big One that Got Away".


Anyway I will now end my birthday post on a positive note...I had a wonderful day thanks to my loving family and friends. Thanks to everyone who sent cards and happy birthday e-mails and to my dad & Ms. Tara for the yummy Bliss chocolate. I am blessed to have you in my life.



1 comment:

sonya said...

Ginger, your mom gave me your blog address. I loved hearing about you and your family! Your boys are adorable!!! We are doing great--just mostly being a grandmother----I love it! Did you know one of my all time favorite movies is Beaches?
Let me hear from you sometimes. especially if you ever get to Shreveport. I do try to see Stephanie when she comes to town. Little Hannah is a doll. Hope to see you soon. Mrs. sonya