Saturday, December 13, 2008

Breakfast with Santa



One of my girlfriends had invited us to join her and her daughters for a pancake breakfast with Santa that a local church was hosting. I didn't have high expectations, I thought there would be a small crowded room with a long buffet line moving slowly for some cold pancakes...but I was ok with that, this was going to be a fun outing for the boys. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised though.... the breakfast was a fund raiser for the church's youth group so the youth actually served the pancakes to everyone. The tables were nice and festive and there wasn't a crowd. The youth did a great job serving and making sure we had everything we needed during our breakfast. When we were finished eating Santa was sitting in the front of the room where the children could go up and see him. That did not go over too well with Will but I was determined to get a picture with Santa anyway. Instead of pictures with Santa, I ended up with pictures of myself trying to keep Will from escaping, with Santa "looming" in the background. I guess there is always next year.










No comments: