Friday, June 6, 2008

Brothers

I have to admit that when I found out our second child was a boy I was a little surprised, I had been praying for a girl and just knew God was going to give me a little girl of my very own. I remembered my cousin Shannon telling me about how she had prayed for girls and wouldn't you know it she has 3. I wasn't upset to be having another boy...I just wanted a daughter so bad, I wanted a pink nursery, dresses and bows and dolls. I have such a close relationship with my mom and I wanted to have that with my own daughter. While I still have these thoughts it never dimmed my feelings toward Wyatt, he is such a joy and blessing to us. God knew exactly what he was doing when he placed this precious child into our lives.

As the boys are getting older I have a new appreciation for siblings and the special relationship they have, it is all kind of new to me since I am an only child, a real learning experience you could say. It is exciting for me to see Will & Wyatt develop a relationship, to watch Wyatt's face light up when he sees his big brother first thing in the morning and how Will is starting to ask Wyatt to come follow him around the house. Don't get me wrong, Will hates for Wyatt to touch his toys, he is having to learn to share (something I really didn't learn until going away to college and having a roommate...but that is another story for another post). I have to say it warms my heart to see them interact and laugh at each other. I hope that as they get older they will be buddies and grow closer even when they are adults.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is such a wonderful experience to witness the love of our children for each other. I hope someday you get your girl if you still want more children. But, if you don't, you will not miss out. My parents had 7 of us -- 5 girls, 2 boys. The girls are all independent and "on their own" all the time. The boys are still mama's boys even though they are grown men. You will have them in your heart and life forever. And... there are always granddaughters. ;)

Heidi