Monday, June 23, 2008

Roonie's Visit


We were so blessed this past week to have Roonie here with us. For those reading my blog who don't know Roonie or "The Roon" or "Roo Roo" (what can I say we have nick names for our nick names) I must tell you about this wonderful lady who is my mom. Her name is Ann, and as you can see from her picture she looks younger than her age so when it came time to decide what our children would call her Grandma would not do, she just doesn't look like a grandma or a mamaw or memaw for that matter so she became Roonie.
We have a very close relationship and talk to each other just about every day. I tell her how much I miss her and she tells me how much she misses the boys then I go on to tell her how much the boys miss her and that she needs to come visit so spur of the moment last week I was able to convince her it was time for her to come back so she did. We had such a wonderful time with her. It was nice to see her playing with the boys and having them interact with her. Wyatt is very attached to me but he warmed right back up to her in no time. Will loves to play pee-pie with Roonie and wanted her to read him his books before bed time. We played in the pool and she helped me with some projects around the house. We even have some unfinished projects to tackle during her next visit.
The week seemed to come and go in a flash but we are thankful for the time she was here. We love you Roonie.

1 comment:

Trini said...

What a treat it is for everyone to view these incredible family photos. Thank you so much for sharing. I feel very blessed to have the Bliss family as part of my life. Ginger keep up the good work this is wonderful for those of us that don't see the boys that often we can watch them grow through your family blog.

Thank you for all your prayers and support through my recent struggles. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Blessings,
Trini