Saturday, August 30, 2008

Will's 1st Day of School


After a long and relaxing summer we say hello to another school year for Will. He is returning to the same school and teachers he had last year. We Love Mrs. Peaches and Ms. Jeannie they are so wonderful with Will and when you are with them you can tell they really love what they do and that they are doing what God called them to do. Will did so great in their class last year and we are expecting the same this year too.
To share a little history with you faithful bloggers....Last April when Will turned 3 we had some big decisions to make, he still needed speech therapy and the federal programs that had been paying for it thus far end when your child turns 3 then you go through the county school system. Since our personal insurance would not pay for speech therapy and it is very expensive we started the process with the school board to get him tested and see what he would qualify for. He qualified for a pre-k class with children 3 - 5 years old that focuses on speech, communication and social skills, all things that Will really needed help with. The only catch is that he would have to go full time. I was so nervous about sending him to school at such a young age 5 days a week 6 hours a day, I mean he is only 3, he is still practically a baby. I am a stay at home mom, this is my time with him he is supposed to be with me during the day. These are all the things that went through my mind. It had been a decision that I prayed and cried over. When Bill and I went to visit the class and meet Mrs. Peach we both had a peace and knew this was where he needed to be. When he finally started last April he made the transition so smoothly, I really think it was harder for me than for him. The teaches reported back to us that he was happy and content being there and didn't give them a bit of trouble. He was only there for 3 months before summer break and during that time we saw so much progress in him, his personality, his speech and the way he engages with us and his brother. It just confirmed that we made the right decision or should I say that God once again as always directed our steps perfectly.
I share this story as a testimony of just one of the many ways our loving heavenly father has blessed us this year. And I hope that it will be an encouragement to our blog readers of God's faithfulness. A few scriptures that come to mind as I think about this whole process with Will are Psalm 142:3 When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who know my way & Psalm 143:8 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. God is in control, God is faithful
and God answers the prayers of his children, not always the way we expect but always in his perfect time.
We are looking forward to another great school year!!!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I tagged you on my blog (http://growingupgarcia.blogspot.com) – hope you will play

Jen said...

I tagged you on my blog (http://growingupgarcia.blogspot.com) – hope you will play

Jen said...

Hey Ginger,

A tag is simple. You just need to do what I did and name 6 things that are unspectacular about you. And then for fun tag a few of your friends at the end.