Sunday, August 3, 2008

Wyatt's 1st Haircut

It was time to get rid of the dreaded "combover" that Wyatt had been sporting the last few weeks. So while in Louisiana my mom gave Wyatt his very 1st haircut. I had been thinking about his first haircut for the past couple of months...actually dreading it if the truth be known. First, let me clarify exactly what I mean when I use the word "dreading" when I talk about my feelings concerning his 1st haircut. What I really dread is going in with my baby and coming out with my little man. Once the baby hair is gone it seems the baby "look" is gone as well and that makes me kind of sad.

The First Haircut is a big milestone in a baby's life...I mean there is a whole page in his baby book entirely devoted this event with a special envelope for his first locks of hair, it had to be just perfect! I was going to take him to the local barber here in town where Will had his first haircut, Dorothy had done a great job with him moving all around and she gave us a little card with his locks attached and the date... all things you need for the babybook, it was a good experience. I was not able to get there before we left for vacation and the combover was getting to me, it was time!!! So when we got to Shreveport after some persuading from my mom we decided that she would be the one to give Wyatt his first haircut. No, she has never had any formal training in haircutting but she cuts pawpaws hair and she has given me plenty of trims and she is after all "the Roon" so we let her get out the scissors and have at it. Wyatt did great, sat there on the bathroom counter like such a big boy eating his snack. We got the whole event on video, I just kept saying "he looks like such a big boy" and so he does.

No comments: