Sunday, March 9, 2008

Our New Neighbors




I wanted to share some Florida wildlife with my blog readers. In our neighborhood we have some new baby Sandhill Cranes and they happened to be in our yard one day this week so I was able to get a few pics. My knowledge about the Cranes is very limited but what I do know is that they mate for life and they are very territorial. You know right away if you are getting to close because they get very loud and start spreading there wings and kicking their legs....almost as if they are doing the "chicken dance" at a wedding. I keep my distance especially when I have the boys with me. I was surprised that they let me get as close as I did to get the pictures. Will has started asking to see the baby birds when we drive into the neighborhood so I usually drive around until we find them.

No comments: